Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Fur-Babies


Let me introduce you to my other children, the fur-babies!  In the left picture we have Calvin(black and white) and our newest addition little cat, kit kat, baby kitten(still have not come up with a good name for him yet).  In the middle picture on the left is Shadow and on the right Zeus, my Pomeranian's.  The last picture is of my baby girl, Cloud.

My husband and I started out with Shadow, who is now 12, while we were dating.  My sister's poms had a litter and we chose him.  Next came my baby girl, Cloud, who is going to be 12 in a few months.  We got her when she was about 12 weeks old and to this day, obviously, I still call her my baby girl.  Well about a year after having these two we decided Shadow needed a playmate and that is when we got Zeus, who is about to be 11.  You would never know that these two aren't real brothers.  So for the past 11 years it was just the three of them.  Well a couple of months ago we were at Petsmart and looking at the cats they had there.  My daughter, who is almost 6, really wanted to get another cat.  We told her that if we got a cat we would get an older cat and not a kitten.  That is when we found Calvin.  Calvin is 3 years old and his previous owners for some reason could not take care of him and gave him to Saving Graces for Felines for them to find him a good home.  I always feel bad seeing the older animals because you know most of the time they are not going to get adopted because people always want a young pet.  That was not the case with me.  I saw Calvin and feel in love with him.  He had a laid back personality and was very sweet.  Needless to say Calvin came home with us that day. 

 Fast forward about 3 weeks and I'm leaving to go to work in the morning and there is a baby kitten crying under my car.  Well of course my daughter fell in love right away and was already begging to keep him.  Poor little thing was pitiful and I couldn't leave him there so I got our dog crate and put him in it and left him in the house.  I did try to see if anyone wanted a cat but no takers.  I'm not about to throw him out or take him to a shelter so we now have our 3rd cat.  He is only about 8-10 weeks old and we are undecided on a name for him so far.  But he is the most precious and loving kitten(even to my daughter who is constantly picking him up!).  

So those are my babies and I love them all very much!

No comments:

Follow Me on Pinterest

Post a Comment