Saturday, September 22, 2012

Book Review~Killer Dreams by Iris Johansen







I just finished reading Killer Dreams by Iris Johansen.  Here is the synopsis of the book and my review will follow.

If you close your eyes, he’ll get you. Sophie Dunston knows all too well how dreams can kill. As one of the nation’s top sleep therapists, she specializes in the life-threatening night terrors that her ten-year-old son, Michael, suffers from. But she is also an expert in another kind of terror–the kind that can turn a dream life into a living nightmare in the blink of an eye.

Someone is watching. He’s a shadowy figure from out of her darkest fears and he hasn’t forgotten her. In one shocking moment of violence, he’d shattered Sophie’s world forever and left her with only one thing to live for: her son. But the nightmare isn’t over for Sophie Dunston. It’s just begun. He’s been waiting. Sophie was supposed to die the first time around, but fate intervened. This time he’ll make sure that not even a miracle will save her.

It wasn’t a miracle that saved Jock Gavin, but it was pretty close. A semiretired hit man, commando, and jack-of-all-deadly-trades, he knows what Sophie is up against–and that she’ll need help. But the man he’s chosen for the job is as unpredictable as he is dangerous. Matt Royd is a wild card–hard, cool, merciless–and putting him into play changes the game completely. But to whose advantage?

Sophie will soon find out. She will have to trust Royd because she has no choices left. Because the bogeyman haunting her dreams is all too real and he’s on the hunt again. Because the nightmare he’s got planned for Sophie won’t end when she wakes up screaming. It won’t end. Ever.

My review:
The start of this book is like a lot of other books, happy family out having a good time together and living a good life.  Then bam! you are sucked in by a really unexpected twist within the first couple of pages.  I won't ruin it for others but that one part kept me from putting the book down because I had to know what happened. 

The book is fast paced and keeps you wanting more.  I really liked the author's writing style and she did a great job building the characters and relating them to the readers.  With this book you will get action, suspense, and some romance.  It was an overall good book that I recommend.  I am giving it 4 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

  1. Great review....not my kind of book, but I think it sounds interesting. julieann r

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a book that could hold my interest and a quick read. Two things I like. Thanks for the review. I will need to check this out.

    ReplyDelete